Based on a term we coined in 2014 at Advertising Week, SheKnows Media launched the #Femvertising Awards in 2015 to honor brands that are challenging gender norms by building stereotype-busting, pro-female messages and images into ads that target women.
Since then, over 300 brands and agencies of all sizes and across all industries submitted their work for recognition, and more than 30,000 votes have been cast for the best ads.
For the second year we launched the 2018 #Femvertising Awards on April 10 in honor of Equal Pay Day, and have expanded the scope and definition to be inclusive of ads that do the right thing by ALL humans, regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs and sexual orientation.
APRIL 10TH, 2018
Call for Entries IS NOW OPEN
JUNE 15, 2018
Call for Entries Closes
JULY 16, 2018
Finalists Announced + Public Voting Begins
July 20, 2018
Public Voting Ends
AUGUST 8, 2018
HOW TO ENTER
The 2018 #Femvertising Awards are open to all organizations around the world involved in the process of designing, building, managing or promoting advertising campaigns.
For full terms and conditions, please review our Submission Guidelines.
Our judges will evaluate the submissions we receive, looking for the best in:
- Ad campaigns that pave the way for other brands to empower and inspire women, as well as people of all genders, races, sexual orientations, religious beliefs
- Recent breakthrough campaigns that have made waves by pushing gender-norm boundaries and other stereotypes
- Advertising that is changing perceptions of what’s possible for the next generation
- Cause-related campaigns that are not tied to a product or service, but focus on raising awareness for societal issues that impact women and girls
The winning campaigns will be chosen by the public by popular vote and revealed on August 7, 2018.
Campaigns created January 1 2017 - June 15, 2018 are eligible for this award. Fill in the form on this page to provide your contact information, a few facts about your campaign, and a link to view it online. You can also upload relevant media assets.
The following types of campaigns will be accepted:
- Online and TV commercials
- Online videos
- Video-based social media campaigns
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions.